Monday, May 14, 2012

Thing 2 – Not as good as Thing 1

I am really committed to this project; however, I have already gotten off track. Last week, there were two assignments: Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I ambitiously completed Thing 1 and was extremely proud of myself. Unfortunately, like a lot of other things on my calendar, I did not attend to Thing 2.
This made me think about my students. Like me, they often start out extremely ambitious, and then life happens. I could make up a lot of excuses as to why I didn’t get to Thing 2 – busy schedule, TV appearance,  lunch and dinner with friends, went out of town, all of which are true;  but it doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t complete my assignment.
I am recommitting to this project.  This is something I have wanted to do and I am not going to allow myself to quit; for fear of failure, or just give up. I did go and visit a few blogs and found them very inspiring. I appreciated the comradery. I am a solo librarian. Reading and corresponding with others in their blogs allowed me to commiserate and celebrate librarianship.
Here’s to a better Thing 3!
                                         

2 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who started in a blaze of enthusiasm and then went suspiciously quiet...! Thing 2 is easy- Thing 3 looks like a biggie, though, doesn't
    It? Hope you stay motivated,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment - it helped keep me motivated!

      Delete